Gothic carving

Gothic carving
Vision of Music

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The world of Now

When I began this blog, I had visions of posting daily entries on whatever caught my attention. The first thing I discovered is that even though I am retired, living a life of comparative ease I am having problems remembering to post to the blog. The second thing I discovered was that when I did remember to post there were so many things clamoring for my attention that it was hard to pick a topic.  I think this is because I live in the world of now.  Now, everything is available to me at any time, twenty four hours a day forever as long as I pay the subscription fees. My thoughts and inner dialogue are constantly challenged by the appearance of a favorite T.V, series on Netflix or the instant availability of a long awaited book, make that books, on Kindle.  Just as I begin to make headway on an emotional issue, my cell phone notifies me of some urgent communication from some vendor that I cannot live without. I can't help wondering what all technology is doing to the meditation business.  My daughter has started taking Yoga to try and relax.  I asked her how she manages to clear her mind of all distractions,  She says she is working on it.  I.m sure I have other deep thoughts on this subject buried somewhere but I have to go now as I am also behind on my e-mail.

1 comment:

  1. I know this feeling so well. I try to do meditations a couple of times a week, guided ones I find on itunes for free, and I joined a gym a few weeks ago and went steadily for the first three weeks, then dropped off once my now became RIGHT NOW. So many distractions keep us from being still, taking a breath, clearing our heads. It's overwhelming. I'd love to unplug completely, but then how would I keep up with all my family blogger friends? It's a seductive cycle, I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete